Sunday, October 18, 2009

Jack and Isaac best buddies.
We watched our friends little boy while they went and played whirley ball. Which is so fun for those who have never played it. Jack idolized Isaac. He would follow Isaac around and copy everything that he did (except for walking, that would be pretty cool he if copied that.). Isaac is a stud. He is one solid, tough, cute, friendly boy. They had such a fun time playing. They enjoyed playing on the keyboard together. Shawn was dreaming that this might be the start of a future band.




Hot Pot!! Yummy...
Our friends from my brother's law school program who are from China invited us over for hot pot. I love hot pot and had it on my mission a lot but this was a new experience for Shawn. He enjoyed it though he did try some stuff that he never had before. Our friends were so cute with Jack. They just loved him and of course he was more than willing to have their full attention.



C
rAzY HaIr!
Each morning or after Jack's nap I never now how Jack's hair will look. His hair has a life of it's own. It cracks us up! Enjoy the pics below.



FAKER AND MASTER MANIPULATOR (but still so cute...)!!!
So last Tuesday I thought Jack was sick, like really sick. He had been up all night on Monday and Tuesday he was so fussy. I was hesitant to take him to the doctors but all day Tuesday he was just grumpy and pretty needy. So at 4pm I thought I would call the doctor to see if Jack had an ear infection or something. I suspected he might have an ear infection because he would cry bloody murder when I put him down for sleep. He was not running a fever but was a little congested. I felt bad for Jack but also I was pretty exhausted and selfishly I wanted a good night sleep. So I called the doctor. The doctor's schedule was completely full but she was so nice and said she would fit us in as her last appointment. So all day I had been feeling so bad for Jack and totally catering to him constantly. Well we get to the doctor's office and as soon as we get to the receptionist desk Jack pulls out his tricks. He claps to her, waves hi, does his double dimple smile, talks etc..... The receptionist looks at me and said "that is not a sick baby." I told her to please not tell me that as I am to my wits end. I also told her that if he is not sick she might be going home with this kid. She laughed but I was pretty serious. Sure enough we see the doctor and Jack is smiling, laughing, showing off the WHOLE time. Of course there was NOTHING wrong with him. As we left, Jack waved BYE to his fan club and home we went. I was quite embarrassed and felt bad for wasting the doctors time. The doctor was so nice and told me she would have done the same thing but I think she was just trying to be nice. Well, NO more catering to Mr. Jack! He just likes to be up and hates sleeping. I have officially let him cry it out for 3 nights now. He is learning to sleep through the night. The first night was awful. He cried for about 5 hours. I went in occasionally and comforted him but around 4am I took his sound machine, put it in my bedroom and fell asleep. He is not crying as much but still wakes up every 2 hours and cries for a bit but I am not giving in! I have catered to this kid too much and now I am emotionally ready to get him sleeping through the night. Wish me luck!

Cider Mill
On Friday we drove out to Dexter to this delicious cider mill. It is the oldest mill in Michigan. The apple cider and donuts were delicious. Visiting cider mills is one of my favorite fall activities. I also bought some apple butter. Not exactly sure what to do with it but I am sure I will think of something.

We let Jack taste a little bite of the donut and as you can tell he wanted more! I guess we asked for that....


Michigan Game

Shawn and I went on a little date to the BIG HOUSE (of course Shawn's ideal date, not mine:)) on Saturday. Thank you Grays for watching Jack. When we arrived to the game it was 7 mins into the first quarter and the score was 21-0 Michigan. So basically the game was already over when we got there but we still had a great time. I loved people watching and football games always brings back fond memories of college. My favorite part of the game was the Delaware Marching Band in which they played and danced along to Thriller. They have some serious moves. We were quite disappointed when the Michigan Band announced their theme of the day would be opera. Don't get me wrong I love opera but there is a time and a place for all things and during a football game is not the place for opera (in my opinion.). Also, since there was not much of a game to watch the crowd got really into the wave. We did the wave as fast as we could, as slow as we could, from both ends of the stadium. Pretty cool to see 100,000+ people doing the wave.

All of us in our football attire. We had to put on several layers. It is getting cold here!
You can't see the score very well but it says 21-0.

2 comments:

Evenson Family said...

WOW!! You guys are so busy!! Jack is getting to be such a big boy! Love, love, love his hair. Miss you guys!

Emi said...

Good luck on Jack's night time sleep training. I know it's hard (although I've never heard any baby so stubborn, full of energy and cries for 5 hours!) but it'll totally worth it at the end. It will be good for both of you and Jack. You're doing great, Marti, keep up the good work, and I hope he'll learn to sleep by himself through the night soon.