Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

We had a fun filled week. On Wednesday we went to an apple cider mill with a pumpkin patch and hay rides. The hay ride was well worth the $4. The horses went almost full speed and it was quite fun! We trotted in and out of the forest, through the pumpkin patch, along the road accompanied by flying mud from the horses trotting so fast. We were all holding on for dear life. It was pretty fun. On Friday we went to story time downtown where they go all out for halloween. You could also trick or treat on Main St. Then Jack and I went to our apartment complex halloween party and then today our friends had a fun halloween party. The boys bobbed for apples and they were all soaked and the girls had a donut contest. Everyone brought a fun halloween dessert and we all dressed up. What a fun weekend!

The Cider Mill (by the way they had the best homemade donuts, yum, yum!)



Hay ride

Halloween Party
All the cute MBA kids minus Jude. Sorry Jude I guess we took pics before you got there--all the kids were starting to have melt downs.....

Our costume. As you can see we ran out of time to put together an outfit so Shawn found this idea on the internet. I thought we could get away with it while the kids are young. I know slightly inappropriate but hey we are fully clothed:)

The Food. I made the gross fingers. I think they turned out pretty gross (I was pretty proud..) but tasted good.


Donut contest, as you can see I lost:(

5 comments:

Barry and Rochelle said...

Jude sure looks like a grumpy lion! It was such a fun week with all the times the boys got to wear their costumes. LOVED Jack as a turtle - it was perfect!

Rose said...

NUDIST ON STRIKE! That's hilarious. I'll have to remember that one... lol!

steveandjonelle said...

Thanks for helping put everything together for the party. We had such a great week. Probably one of the highlights was the crazy hayride. I'm so glad we all survived.

Stacy said...

We love apple cider donuts too. How did you make those gross fingers?

Kelly said...

What a cute party! I love the idea of the scary food theme. Congrats on the race, it looks so beautiful!