Friday, April 16, 2010

TWO THINGS THAT I LOVE!
The Vita-Mix

110.jpg


We have had our Vita-mix machine for almost 5 years and I am still loving it! When we were first newly weds we went to Costco and saw a demo guy making shakes, soups, ice cream etc using this machine. I think we were there for at least 2 hours watching and tasting everything the man made from this mixer. Usually we never buy spontaneous things like this but we did and for the last 5 years we have used it almost on daily basis. The reason why I am really loving it lately is because I have been making juice for Jack each morning and he loves it. It is super healthy and way better than store bought juice (although he does have that too....)

These are the ingredients that I put in almost every morning:

1. spinach

2. ground flaxseed

3. yogurt

4. some type of fresh fruit (banana, orange, apple)

5. some type of frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, blue berries etc)

6. some type of fresh vegetable (usually either squash, zucchini, or a carrot)

7. water and a little bit of some type of juice

** I occasionally put lemon juice and/or honey***

The vita-mix does it's job and it mixes everything without me having to do much cutting and there you go! Healthy, yummy juice that my whole family enjoys! Jack seriously drinks 2-3 cups for a mid-morning snack. I put it in his straw cup so that he does not have to suck too hard. The vita-mix is a little pricy but I think it is totally worth it and we plan to use ours for several more years. If you have any good juice/shake recipes please let me know:)


Bissell Little Green Machine


greenmachine.gif.png


Shawn thinks every family should receive one of these cleaners when they leave the hospital. Shawn actually brought this home one day, which surprised me but we have loved it. The other Jack got a hold of a bowl of gravy and of course it fell on our carpet and splattered everywhere. Normally, I would have had to pull out the oxy clean and scrub away but this little machine did it's work and in one minute the ugly mess had completely vanished. We use this machine often for every kind of spill. The other day we were watching our friend's son and he was in the process of potty training and had two accidents on our carpet but it was no problem because we just cleaned it up with this machine. It is not too expensive but totally does it's job well.


Thought I would share my obsessions right now with you. Let me know if there is anything that you love as well!

2 comments:

Rose said...

I've been wanting to get a Vitamix for quite sometime! Maybe it's not too late to ask for one for Mother's day or my birthday. :)

And how funny that you recommended a carpet cleaner too! We are in need of a new one, and now we know what kind to look for. :)

*** said...

You are tempting me to indulge in both of your obsessions! They sound fantastic and musts. Beautiful pictures on the island in those cherry blossoms, what a wonderful sight! And seriously, Jack on Easter in his little outfit in that car?!?!?! Amazing. Hoping Mick is at least half as cute as his little pal Jack!