Sunday, January 27, 2013

Adelaide Claire Morris

The story of Miss. Adelaide (i.e. chunky monkey, lady, addie, and smiles)

Pregnancy: Overall I was not as sick as I was with Jack but had more complications and more anxiety during this pregnancy. Looking back my emotions were guarded during this pregnancy. I guess I did not really think too much about the future in case I would miscarry. I was just grateful for each month that passed. I did not really tell people that I was pregnant until it was obvious and overall kept my pregnancy on the down low. I did not take too many pictures partly being guarded and partly there was just so much stuff always going on. I was classified as high risk due to my factor 5 and 2 other blood clotting related stuff. I had to do daily injections into my stomach and visit the doctor weekly. At the end I was doing weekly non-stress tests and sonograms. Zofran was still my best friend. I still felt tired and nauseous but could still somewhat function so not as bad as with Jack. Jack was super excited to be a big brother. He knew it was a girl from the beginning and when asked if her name should be London or Adelaide he was persistent that it was Adelaide. We figured he must be inspired:) and it felt right.

About a month before Adelaide was due my doctor told me that they would most likely take her earlier to reduce the chances of a still birth. I was all for it. I just wanted her out of my tummy and in my arms. I felt like them I could breathe, relax and enjoy her without the worries of miscarrying. He told me he would most likely take her a couple of days before my due date. Her due date was March 5 so I was thinking they would induce me around the first or second of March. On 2/22/12 I go in for my weekly non-stress test and when I leave the nurse says, "we will see you tomorrow for your induction." I said "excuse what? Do you have the wrong person." They said they were positive it was me. So we called my doctor and the nurse said "Did I forget to tell you we set an induction date." I said 'yes!' but I was actually so excited. Tomorrow I finally get to meet this precious girl. I called Shawn at work and told him we were having a baby tomorrow. He was a little freaked out because with this type of stuff he is a planner.
So that same night we dropped Jack off at his best friend Gavin's house and then Shawn checked me into the hospital. It turned out I was dilated to a 4 so they did not have to do a true induction. They hooked me up to pitocin and gave me some drugs. They came to check on me often. They asked if I wanted an epidural and I said I was feeling fine but they said soon you will be uncomfortable so you should get it now so I did. Then a couple hours later at 11:18 I had Adelaide. She weighed 7lb 10.9oz and 18 inches long. I had no pain what so ever. It was awesome! A 5 star birthing experience.

A very tender moment when I first got to hold, kiss, cuddle Adelaide. I felt like we had been praying for her safe arrival for a long time. She was so peaceful and calm. Her energy was just relaxing. Very different from Jack. That night Shawn went home with Jack and I got to spend lots of time with Adelaide. It was very special to just have her and me. That is how I spent the next 3 days. Shawn and Jack would pop in and out but mostly it was Adelaide and I.

Adelaide is a very peaceful, calming, relaxing baby. When I need some peace I cuddle up with her. She came home sleeping 7 hours at night and they quickly turned to 12-13 hours a night. She is a routine baby by her own doing. She likes to go to bed around 7pm and wakes up around 7:30-8am. It is seriously a dream. Especially since Jack continues to a hard sleeper.

Adelaide is quick to smile at everyone and is very social. My grandpa nicknamed her "smiles." I am constantly having people stop me to tell me she is one happy baby. When we are out doing errands she just smiles at everyone and thinks everyone is talking to her. She loves people but her favorite person is  her brother. Any time Jack talks she smiles and giggles. She also loves her dad. She loves to cuddle at night and when she has her bottle but other than that she is independent.

Adelaide is a coordinated baby. At 3 months she was rolling over and at 4 1/2 months she started scooting (more like an army crawl with one leg). She scoots herself all over, not really on purpose but she just likes to move. At 5 months she is starting to try to lift herself up to crawl. She has been grabbing toys for quite some time. She loves eating (hence why she is chunky monkey). She is a cave women when eating and I actual dread feeding her because it is so messy. She has to hold the spoon so I hold the bowl up close to her mouth and she seriously downs her food like a cave women. She is one cute mess when she is finished. So far she has liked all baby food with the exception of peas.

She is happy until she is hungry, hurt, or dirty and then she has lungs that surprises everyone. She will go from happy smiles to a roaring cry in 10 seconds or less. It is pretty funny and then she will turn her cry off right when you pick her up.

We love our Adelaide Claire Morris. 

 Adelaide had jaundice so for a couple of days she had to be on this light 24 hours a day. She loved it. It as warm and we joked it was her tanning bed.
 Adelaide loving her first bath at home.

No comments: