Sunday, January 27, 2013

March 2012

March was spent at home playing and surviving. Even though Adelaide was a super easy baby she still was a new born. Also my body took a little while to recover. Adelaide was a very awful nurser and it was a painful battle. I ended up pumping a lot. I felt like for the first 2 months my life consisted of pumping, feeding, pumping, feeding, trying to play with Jack, taking care of Jack, pumping, feeding....... I was getting worn down. On top of it I got Mastitis. It never went away on antibiotics. Then in April I went to my doctor after a couple of weeks of being on antibiotics and still appearing to have an infection and feeling lousy and said "is this normal?" and he said you need to go the to ER immediately. I ended up landing myself in the hospital for about 4 days. I guess it was a serious infection. After the hospital it still took about 2 months for the infection to completely go away. Seriously no fun! Shawn took the kids for the one day by himself but when he came to the hospital the next day I knew he could not survive. He was exhausted and could barely put together a sentence. We asked his co-worker if we would have a buddy pass and my mom came to help out. At that point of time we did not have buddy passes, now we do. The infection explained why I felt so low on energy even though Adelaide was sleeping a lot. When I ended up in the hospital on heavy medication I had to stop nursing. I was somewhat relieved because nursing had been such a nightmare experience and I was wanting to quit anyway but feeling really guilty. Having to quit relieved some of the guilty feelings. So mostly we just hang out of the month of March. 

 We did manage to go roast marshmallows at that lake with some friends.
When they were completing our neighborhood the ice cream truck seriously came about 4 times a day. So annoying. If I heard the music in advance I would draw Jack's attention to something else or start singing loud but several times Jack would unlock the door and run outside and yell, "STOP, STOP." The ice cream man would stop at our house and Jack would stand out their dancing to the music. I always felt bad so would buy ice cream. After this happened a couple of times we went and bought locks for our doors so Jack would not just run out. Here is Jack in his underwear and all eating his ice cream.

Jack is constantly coming up with random outfits. I love his little personality.


Their first bath together.

 Adelaide just chillin'


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Adelaide is adorable. Well so is Jack too. :) I had issues with nursing- not enough milk so I spent time nursing, supplementing and pumping then start over again soon after. It was exhausting but I too felt guilty stopping b/c that's what good Mormon moms do. My Mom, who nursed all 6 kids, convinced me formula fed babies were just as fine and that I tried my hardest and to just stop, it was okay to bottle feed. Once I came to that realization and stopped it was SOOO much better. (that was with my first and I tried again with my 3rd, but still not enough milk so I ended up bottle feeding all of my kids.) Now I'm glad I don't nurse. haha! I can bottle feed on the go and it's great. :) Cute family and I'm glad you guys are doing well.