Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter

We had a fun/unusual Easter this year.

To start off the Easter fun we had a friend Easter egg hunt. It was funny because last year Jack was totally into collecting Easter eggs but this year he was a little more social and would follow his little friends around not totally caring if he got any Easter eggs.







Next we decided to fly to Utah for the weekend to spend Easter with my family and also so we could drop off Jack for two weeks while we went to Brazil. Poor Shawn was sick the entire time. He literally spent all weekend on my mom's couch. While in Utah we colored Easter egg's, had a Easter egg hunt at my grandparents house and saw lots of family. My mom was in the process of making a nice Easter feast when I checked on our flight status and realized the 5:30pm flight had been canceled so we had to catch the flight that was literally leaving in 40 minutes. Shawn and I grabbed whatever we needed and left everything else at my mom's house to catch the flight. Luckily we made it on the flight since both of us had to work on Monday. So with all the chaos and sickness it did not seem quite like a "normal" Easter. However, I am so thankful for a loving Savior and for the Resurrection. I am especially grateful for the knowledge that I will be reunited with my all loved ones someday.
Decorating eggs


Easter egg hunt at my grandma's. Please ignore the socks with sandals. Jack insisted on wearing his new sandals my mom had bought for him but it was cold so I wanted his feet to be warm.






My sister got him a fireman outfit and Jack loved it!

No comments: