Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW SNOW SNOW

So we have literally been homebound since Tuesday. We have not left the house once or even attempted to go outside. Dallas is not equipped for ice or snow storms. The streets are one straight sheet of ice and the wind is deathly cold. It is probably the worst weekend for something like this to happen with the Superbowl and all..... Needless to say we have been going a little crazy around here. Luckily we have had some friends who have dared the streets and have come to hang out with us. Shawn's team is a little crazy so he has been going to work everyday (I think they are the only ones in Dallas to go to work).

Last night it finally snowed and the sun came out a little bit. Since Jack has been saying for the last couple of day "I go, go." I thought we would go outside and play in the snow to get some fresh air. Having no snow clothes for Jack, I did my best to put together a little snow outfit that would keep him warm so he could play. He loved the snow! He played for over an hour, until I started to get cold. I only had two falls on the ice, one I am sure will leave some good bruising. Jack had several falls but it did not seem to bother him. The fresh air was really refreshing!



No comments: