Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pacific Grove, CA

Jack, my mom and I spent a week at the beach cottage in Pacific Grove, CA. I call it "my therapy to the soul retreat." I seriously love it there. It is always so peaceful and relaxing. Well, not so much with a toddler but it is still peaceful and beautiful. Time went by so fast even though we basically did nothing. Our days were spent walking along the beach, enjoying the marine life, eating yummy seafood and watching movies. We were able to visit with some good friends and visit the Monterey Aquarium. Jack loved the aquarium. It was fun to have Shawn come in for the weekend. We were also able to visit with Shawn's parents and his brother and sister-in-law.

Enjoying the beach and marine life:

Jack loved chasing around the seagulls.

My favorite restaurant on the fisherman's wharf. Yummy!

Our walks in the morning. So beautiful. This has been my favorite house since it was built. I love it. I think it feels so warm and inviting. Maybe someday.....:)

Our good friends Andrea and Hayden from Michigan came to visit us for the day. It was so fun to hang out with them and catch up.

Our friends or as we call them "family" (Shawn's best friends from Fresno and Kristy was one of my good friends from London) came to visit us for the day. They are pretty much like family to us. We celebrated Brennan turning 2 and went to the aquarium with them. It is always so much fun to see them. We were able to spend the whole day with them. We also got to see their cute little boy Cohen for the first time. He is such a happy baby.

2 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Marti - I talked to Kristy the other day and she said that she you guys. How lame that I had to see pictures of Cohen on YOUR blog!!! I was giving Kristy crap about that. All of your boys are SO CUTE!!! How fun that you were able to have that "peaceful retreat!" Oh Marti - I miss you, I totally remember your word is totally 'peaceful' lol!

How funny is this - I go to pick up Lance in nursery today and my friend Sherri Durham (I don't know her maiden name) is like "how do you know Marti Gray?!" She totally grew up down 5340 and graduated from Olympus 97 with Steve! Small world!

Natalie said...

How fun you got to see Andrea and Hayden!