Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chicago

Jack and I met Shawn in Chicago. Shawn drove back to Michigan from Seattle with his mom while Jack and I did a quick trip to SLC. Then we decided to fly into Chicago rather than Detroit so that we would not have to drive both directions with Jack as we wanted to explore Chicago this summer. Chicago is only around 4 hours away from Ann Arbor. Shawn and I both fell in love with Chicago. The architecture is amazing! Compared to Seattle (I love Seattle) it seemed to be cleaner, at least in the parts we visited. There were also way less homeless people on the streets. There is so much to do in Chicago but unfortunately Shawn and I only had two days to explore so we tried to hit up the highlights. I would love to go back some day.....

Okay, I have to tell you that I love Priceline.com. Shawn and I stayed at a 4 star hotel for really cheap in the best part of Chicago. We were within walking distance to everything and the hotel was fabulous. The only problem we did not factor into our trip was that parking was just as much as our hotel. Okay not quite but almost!

Here are some highlights of our trip.
Shawn and Jack in line for the Willis Tower (use to be Sears Tower)
The new sky deck. You can walk out onto this sky deck and look down to the ground. It is all glass. It is a little scary but really cool. It was funny to watch people edge their way onto the sky deck and then watch those that refused to go onto it because they were too afraid.
My view from the sky deck.
Shawn's view from the sky deck.
View from the top of the Wallis Tower.
Jack and Shawn on top of the Wallis Building. Jack was feeling a little sick, poor guy.
Our first night we ate the famous deep dish pizza. It was delicious but I am sure totally unhealthy. Also, we had the best Indian food we have ever had at the India House. It was so delicious!
Millennium Park fountain. Kind of weird but unique. The face would change and then it would shoot out water. The kids loved it.

Jelly Bean Sculpture
Funny picture taken off of the jelly bean sculpture.
There was a concert in the park that we listened too.
Jack chillin' in the stroller as we explore chicago.
Jack with his crazy thick sunscreen. We were laughing really hard along with everyone else on our tour boat.
Shawn, Jack and I on the tour. Jack is kind of tired at this point.
The light house on Lake Michigan
Jack and I on the boat tour. We went on the river to see all the cool buildings and then also on Lake Michigan.


4 comments:

Jeff and Rach said...

I love Chicago. Unfortunately I have only been there in the winter. Your trip looks like it was fun! Jack is adorable.

Ashley Smith said...

We have been thinking about making this trip. It's about 6 hours from us. The pictures makes me want to go- looks like fun! And Jack is just as cute as ever!

Heidi said...

We did priceline when we went up to Vancouver, BC last year and forgot about how expensive parking/tips etc was when staying at such a nice hotel. Oops. And no continental breakfast either.

Chicago has lots to see. Looks like fun. I've heard of that glass view thing- scary!

steveandjonelle said...

I am jealous that you went to Chicago. I have yet to busy that city, maybe this fall. Oprah?