Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My first 5K!!

I successfully finished my first 5k. I know that it does not sound like much of an accomplishment but for me it was!! 6 of my Ann Arbor friends decided we should do a girls night out and run this "Red Carpet Run." It was a lot of fun. People were dressed up in prom outfits and they gave away wards for the best dressed. There were some pretty awesome outfits. We all made tutus and put glitter on and did our thing:) My Ann Arbor friends have totally inspired me to work out more and try to enjoy running...... Natalie and Jonelle did awesome and ran around 7 minute miles. I on the other hand was just happy that I finished without walking. My mile minutes averaged out to be 9:44 so it ended up being close to 30 minutes but for someone who has not run much I was happy! In fact I just signed up for the Mackinac Island Great Turtle 1/2 marathon in October. I have a lot of training to do but I have good motivators and running buddies to help me along. Wish me good luck!

Before the race posing in our cute tutus

All of us at the end of our race going a "toast" that we were done. Aren't our tutus so cute! They were really easy to make. I think most all of these gals are going to run the 1/2 marathon as well. top row (left to right): Andrea, Rochelle, me, Lindsey
bottom row: Jonelle and Natalie
Some fun outfits! I sure it was dying of heat. It was really hot.
Crossing the finish line!
Posing for a pic on the "Red Carpet"

7 comments:

Chelsea @ J+C..And Kenzie said...

Looks like fun. I remember when I ran XC in high school.. my first 5k was TOUGH. If I tried again, I might pass out.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is so cute, I love that is was a fun race with the outfits and the red carpet! You'll have to tell me how to make the tutus, I want to make one for my little bambina!

Elizabeth said...

That is awesome! Good luck with the half, lots of people from our ward are going this year, so it should be a party!

Kristin said...

I like your tutu the best! Very cute. Good job on the run.

Natalie said...

Wow! I'm impressed you posted already! Cute!

steveandjonelle said...

I showed the girls at work your pic and they said "She looks hot!". They couldn't believe you had a baby only 9 months ago. Amazing job with the 10k! Thanks for running it made it so fun.

Unknown said...

Yea! It was super fun! I'm glad you are going to do the Mackinac one, too. It's coming so soon!