Wednesday, April 3, 2013

December 2012

December is always a busy month with Jack's birthday and the Holidays. It goes by so fast. This year we did a combined birthday party with Jack's best friend Gavin. They take gymnastics together so we decided to make it easy and do it there. It was so nice to not have it at my house and since we combined parties it was not that expensive. The boys were in heaven. We had one of the boys in charge of the party dress up in a Spider Man costume and act the part. He did an amazing job acting the part and showing off his moves. The kids were in heaven. They were able to just have lots of fun with a couple of planned activities. Then we had cake and called it a day. After we took the boys to dinner. It was a fun day.
Our good friends invited us to go look at some Christmas lights with them. It was pretty amazing. You drove and then got out and walked around and then continued driving. I love that when our boys get together they pick up right where they left even though we don't see them that often any more.

Jack's birthday. I took cupcakes to his class and lunch and then when he got home he opened some gifts. Love this boy!


It was such a crazy month and since we were leaving to UT anyway I did not put up all our decorations but I had to pull out our little Christmas tree because I love looking at it with all of our ornaments we collect as we visit places. It is fun to remember all the fun adventures we have had and all the places we have seen. Hopefully we will keep adding to our little tree. 

Christmas outfits for the kids.

We went to Sea Life near our house. My kids really enjoyed it.
This year the Relief Society put together our ward Christmas party. Since I am in the presidency I had a full day of decorating and cooking. It was a lot of work but it turned out great.
This is Jack when we first arrived in UT. He loves the snow (unlike his dad) and could play outside all day. 

 Flights were crazy this year and we could not get on a flight to UT. My family was so sad since my kids are the only grand kids. My mom ended up giving us tickets one way on Christmas Eve so we could all be together. Christmas is not the same without kids. We were feeling sad not to make it since we go every year so we were happy it all worked out. I realized that I had a ton of videos from Christmas but not many pictures. I don't have any pictures of Adelaide just videos. This year Jack really got into Santa. He was so excited for him to come. He left out cookies and milk and wrote a note to him. He left out carrots for the reindeer. In the morning he woke up saying that he heard reindeer and Santa on the roof. This age is so much fun.

Our white elephant gift exchange continues to be the source of many laughs.

Shawn's parents have been a big part of building the ward building in the middle east. It has been amazing to see it come together.

No comments: