Sunday, February 17, 2013

July Part 1 Charleston 2012

In July we headed to Charleston South Carolina for one of my best friend's wedding. I met Kendra at graduate school and since she was from Iowa we instantly had a connection. Since then we have stayed extremely close friends and have tried to manage to see each other once a year. She is a very special friend to me and I was so honored and excited to be part of her wedding.

Because of the bankruptcy Shawn was not sure if he would be able to come. So we went ahead and planned the trip without him. My mom said she would come to help me out. I am so grateful for my mom. So we bought confirmed tickets (ouch...) since it was over the 4 of July.

The plane ride was a bit rough. It was a small plane and I think it hurt Adelaide's ears because she cried most of the time and she has never done that before. The hardest part was getting the luggage etc by myself but we managed. We waited at the airport for about an hour for my mom's plane to land. Here we are.


Charleston is such a cool city with lots to do. Beaches, plantations, historical houses, history tours, plus all the regular things a city has to offer. We tried to do a little of everything but of course with kids and a wedding there was lots of stuff we missed. I would love to go back. I can't remember the exact order of when we did things but here is a summary of what we did. I only have videos of swimming but every day we came home and Jack would spend a couple of hours at the pool. He was crazy, jumping off the sides and swimming everywhere. He gained lots of confidence in swimming at the pool and of course he made some friends he would swim with every night.

Boat tour:
 

 
 
 

Plantations:
The plantations were beautiful. We went to 3. There was lots we did not see and easily could have spent a day at each of them especially the Magnolia Plantation. There was so much history and I often wondered what it would be like to go back in time.






 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
City tour:
 
 
 
 
 
Kendra's bridesmaid party. Since all the bridesmaids lived in different states it was hard to get together before so we spent the day at the beach. It was a lot of fun.






That night my mom and kids met up at the beach to play and watch fireworks.
 
 
 
We ate at a fun southern restaurant on the beach. Jack danced to live music and had a blast. I only have a video no pictures.


The next morning we met to get our nails done and then headed over to get our hair and makeup.

 



The wedding:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: