Wednesday, June 16, 2010

INDONESIA

Shawn and I headed to Indonesia for two weeks. We had such a great time. Right before I left I had all this anxiety about leaving Jack. I was close to canceling our trip but thankfully Shawn's mom Sheila came to watch Jack and he did great with her. When Sheila and Jack dropped us off the airport I would have lost it if Jack cried but thankfully Jack just smiled and waved bye to us as he drove off with Grandma. This was a huge blessing to me! As soon as we got on the airplane all my anxiety left and I truly enjoyed our vacation. I hate to admit this but Shawn and I did not miss our little guy as much as we thought we would. We truly just enjoyed being together. But of course by the end we were really happy to see our little guy again. Thanks both Grandmas for watching Jack. He was so spoiled by them. I am going to break up our trip so it is not one long post.

Here was our itinerary:
1. Flew from Dallas to L.A.
2. L.A. to Hong Kong
3. Had a 8 hour stop over in Hong Kong in which we took a half day tour around the island.
4. Flew from Hong Kong to Surabaya (on the island of Java).
5. Took a 3 day 2 night guided tour (had our own tour guide and driver) to see Mt. Bromo and Ijen Crater
5. Flew from Surabaya to Bali (more like a bus ride, tickets cost us $30 a piece if that tells you anything...).
6. Spent 7 days on the island of Bali in a small village called Candidasa at the lovely Rama Candidasa (http://www.ramacandidasahotel.com/).
7. Flew from Bali to Tokyo.
8. Flew from Tokyo to Dallas.

Pictures right before we left on our adventure.

No comments: