Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What has this little man been up too?


1. He blabs and blabs about everything in his own cute little language. But the thing that makes it so darn cute is that he holds up his left hand up with the palm facing the sky as he chats away. I have no idea where he got it from (maybe Shawn.....:)) but it makes everything that much more important.
2. As he chats away he makes some seriously funny facial expressions. Eyes get big and wide, then they scrunch up, the serious face, then the fake laugh face, too funny!
3. The "more" sign. He has approximated it but it is really cute how he does it.
4. He is starting to really talk, it is fun to see what words he picks up every day. He just combined 2-words the other day.
5. He always yells GG (Grandma Gray) when he wants his own way.
6. Walking, he is walking all around (finally!). He still seems wobbly but somehow he manages to walk everywhere. He falls a lot but just gets up, no big deal to him.
7. Shawn does the bed time routine and then calls me in to say a prayer together and after the prayer, Jack holds his arms up to give me a hug goodnight. Because Jack is sitting on Shawn's lap it turns into a big family hug. I know--totally cheesy but Jack loves it and secretly I love it. It is so precious.
8. I love Jack's dancing, laughing, giggling, and clapping at everything that Shawn and I do (especially after I sing a song to him, he claps and when Shawn throws the ball into a container, he claps).
9. I just love to see what the next day holds.
10. He still is not sleeping well, go figure. Last night he woke up at 12pm and cried until 3:30am. I went into his bed room twice and laid him back down and said "night, night" but it did not help. Our poor neighbors were stomping but there was nothing I could do that would stop him from crying except for getting him out of his crib, but I was not about to go down that road again so I let him cry. Finally, around 3:30am I went in his bedroom and said "Jack lay down and go to sleep" he looked at me and started chatting away. It was like he was telling me, "look mom, I am sorry for screaming at the top of my lungs for the past 3 1/2 hours but I really need to get out of my crib and play, can't you just let me." He told me what was up for about 5mins then I laid him down on his crib and he fell asleep. The little stinker! He is the most frustrating sleeper. I really don't get it.

No comments: