Monday, January 5, 2009

Quick Update.

Okay, it has been about a month so I will give a quick update. Right now our lives consist of burping, diapering, changing, and feeding. Well, Shawn just started school again, so this is my life. It has been nice to have Shawn around. He has been a great help. He has been making meals and cleaning the house. I will miss this as he returns to school. Jack still is confused with his nights and days, so we sleep during the day and are awake at night. I am hoping this will change soon. If anyone has any good suggestions for this let me know:) We are loving being parents. We can sit and stare at all the funny faces Jack makes all day long. I love holding him and think I am starting a bad habit because I could literally hold him all day long. Christmas was very low key for us. We enjoyed having family around. We are just so happy to have a healthy baby, which was the greatest gift. Please forgive us for not sending out cards this year, as we have been busy with Jack but we promise to send them out next year.

Here are a couple more pics of Jack. He misses his Grandma's who held him all the time. Oh, the pics on the post below of Jack when he was three days old were taken by my sister in law. She does a great job!
Jack giving the "stare down." This face makes us laugh and he does it all the time.

Jack with uncle Jason (Shawn's brother)
Jack with Grandpa Morris
Jack with Grandma Morris and below with Grandma Gray

9 comments:

Becky Slivka said...

He is so cute, and I think in some pictures he looks just like you. It looks like you were able to go home for Christmas - way to be brave and fly with him, babies are so much fun to have around. I wish there was some easy solution to switching days and nights. The only thing I did that sort of helped was switch their eating so they ate when they woke up instead of as they were falling asleep. But he's still so little, I don't know if you can change his mind for him just yet.

Becky Slivka said...

He is so cute, and I think in some pictures he looks just like you. It looks like you were able to go home for Christmas - way to be brave and fly with him, babies are so much fun to have around. I wish there was some easy solution to switching days and nights. The only thing I did that sort of helped was switch their eating so they ate when they woke up instead of as they were falling asleep. But he's still so little, I don't know if you can change his mind for him just yet.

becca said...

hey marti.
jack is so adorable! I love seeing pictures of him. so glad things are going well. the one thing i tried to do to switch the whole day night thing...is to wake baby up every 3 hours or so during the day to eat...and then let him sleep at night and hopefully he will go longer stretches. Hang in there... the newborn sleepless nights are rough!

I also love the book "healthy sleep habits happy child" by Marc Weissbluth.

The Parks Family said...

Hey Marti, it's so fun to see pictures of your cute little boy. Good to know that all is going well with him!

Janelle Ehat said...

Hi there! My name is Janelle (Hurd) Ehat. I'm a friend of Shawn's from High School! Congrats on the sweet baby! He is adorable!!

Stacey said...

Congratulations! He sure does have a lot of hair! I just found your blog through someone else. Hope you guys are doing great.

steveandjonelle said...

I LOVE his hair. He is so handsome.

Melanie and Bruce said...

He is simply precious. I can't believe that hair!
Where are the pictures of the proud mama?
Miss you!

Ashley Smith said...

Hey guys! It's Marti's cousin, Ashley. Just wanted to check out what you guys have been up to and see your little boy. He is adorable! I can't believe all that blonde hair! Congratulations!