Sunday, November 2, 2008

NYC

We love NYC! Shawn had spring break last week so we decided to do one last horrah before the babe comes. Although, I have to say that I don't think I would do a city vacation again being 8 months pregnant but it was still a lot of fun. I did end up with cankles from swelling so by Friday and Saturday I had to take it easy as my back and feet were hurting a bit. Neither one of us had been to NYC so we thought that would be a good place to visit. We only stayed for a couple of days because I had to return to work. We stayed with one of my best friends from childhood and her husband. They took great care of us while we were there. We had a great time site seeing, playing games, laughing, trying new restaurants, and talking and more talking. Thanks Jane and Chris! We were also able to meet up with one of Shawn's friends from college and his wife actually went to the same High School as I went to. They have a great apartment looking over Time Square which was fun to view. It was fun visiting with them and catching up.

While our friends were working Shawn and I tried to do all the sight seeing we could do. We hopped on one of those double decker buses to learn about and see the city. I would recommend a bus tour, it was a great way to see the city. We hit up the Statue of Liberty, a tour of Brooklyn, the Empire State Building, Wall Street, St. Paul's Cathedral, The Tribute Center (this was a great place to pay respect to the victims of 9/11 but if you go bring some tissues), China Town, Little Italy, a carriage ride through Central Park (partly because my feet were so swollen from walking), the Metropolitan Museum. We were able to get great tickets to the The Little Mermaid. We did not have high expectations but it ended up being awesome. The costumes and special effects were pretty amazing. We eat at some great restaurants and got turned around on the subway station a couple of times.

My good friend from graduate school lives in Connecticut and she came to the city on Saturday to hang out. It was soooo great to see her and catch up with her. We LOVED NYC and are jealous of our friends who live there. Here are some pics:


Time Square



Shawn and the "Bull"


Okay not the best picture, late at night and after we had been drenched by the rain but I had to put a picture up of the famous "Magnolia Cupcakes." Shawn, Me and Kendra.


Empire State Building


Central Park


Bunch at Norah's Cafe with Jane and Chris. The food was amazing!


The Statue of Liberty


The Tribute Center


Scott, MaryLynn, Jane, Chris, Me and Shawn at Wall Street

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys did A LOT in just a few days. I'm glad you were able to go before the baby is born. It's a fun and busy city. People are always on the "go" there. We had great food too- yum, I'm still thinking about it. :)

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you were able to see NY before the baby came. Looks like it was a great trip!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh Marti, only you would look so gorgeous and fashionable at 8 months pregnant! I am super impressed you did all that you did swollen, you are a champ! Looks like you guys had a blast - and ps - fall break, not spring break! :) let's talk soon Marti, we need to catch up. xoxoxo katie

Becky Slivka said...

I am so jealous you were in New York. We wen to New York our first Thanksgiving in Clevedland because we had nothing else to do and we loved it. I am especially jealous you got to go hang out with Jane and Chris, but I don't envy all the walking 8 months pregnant. It looks so fun!