Sunday, May 19, 2013

February 2013

February is always a busy month with Valentines Day, Adelaide's birthday and my birthday. But we had fun celebrating.

In February the weather is usually really nice here. Almost every Saturday and Sunday we go for walks behind our house. We have lots of trails that lead to lakes. Jack could through rocks in and search for turtles and bugs all day. Here is Shawn teaching Jack how to skip rocks.
 Every since we got our Big Green Egg Shawn grills or smokes fish, chicken or meat every day in the weekend. Not to mention that on Saturdays he makes homemade pizza for lunch on the grill. It is awesome and the food he makes tastes so good. The Big Green Egg is awesome. Shawn is slightly obsessed with looking up recipes and researching the best ways to smoke.
Valentine's Day we always have a heart shaped pizza and dessert. I did not take any pictures this year but we also had a fun party at a friends. Jack made a necklace out of noodles, cupcakes, made a craft for me and played lots of games. He had lots of fun. Adelaide played with all the other little girls.



Jack loves to make things. He is constantly doing a "science experience," making food (he can crack an egg by himself), building forts, playing super heroes and he loves loves playing with friends (something he could do all day long). Our nanny is always telling me she has never met a boy with his imagination. He does have such a good imagination. He is also super sweet and gives us hugs and kisses several times throughout the day. He is not the most coordinated kid and very cautious. We have been trying to get him to ride a bike and he just says "my body won't let me ride the bike yet...." Something I have learned with Jack is to keep giving him opportunities but not too push and on his own time he will figure it out. Luckily the kid has lots of confidence that when he can't do something he says "I will be able to do it later" and moves on to his next adventure. We love this kid. 
Adelaide loves sitting in this car watching her brother run around and play.
Adelaide turns 1!!!
Adelaide turned 1 but thinks she is doing on 4. She knew the day was about her and every time we took a picture she gave us a big cheesy smile. It was so cute. Adelaide is a crack up. She goes around saying "hi" to everyone with her big smile. Her hair started to sprout and she has curls in the back. She is feisty and knows what she wants. Luckily she has a sweet brother who does not get mad when she takes his toys or pushes him away. She can walk super fast holding your hands, climb up and down stairs and couches but will not walk on her own. She has been crawling since 4 1/2 months and it is starting to get old. She is a goer. She does not stop during the day. She takes 2 short naps during the day (usually no longer than a hour) but goes to bed at 6pm and wakes up between 7-8am. She has always been a great sleeper. She wants to do whatever Jack is doing.  She is 67% (29.5 inches) in height, 67% (20.7 lbs) in weight and 94% in head. Her smile makes everyone smile and we think she is adorable. She gets about 5 dozen kisses a day because we just can't get enough of her (until 6pm rolls around and then I am ready for a break:))

For her birthday my mom came into town to help and to celebrate. Shawn made brisket for everyone. He got a fancy temperature gadget that hooked up to his i-pad. He was up all night adjusting the temperature to ensure delicious meat. He was not sure how long it would take. The meat ended up being done at 5am in the morning. Shawn was exhausted but the meat was delicious. We had a couple of close friends over to celebrate. My friend made her cake and I loved the way it turned out.
 Shawn's meat temperature gadget.

 For my birthday I went out to dinner with my friends from my old neighborhood and then went to dinner with my friends from our new neighborhood (no pictures). Then my actual birthday was low key as I had to work and then take the kids swimming. I did not want to do much since I wanted to save our money for our vacation in May. Shawn had to work late so I picked up a cake for myself and we sung and blew out candles after we got home from swimming.

Random pictures in February: Jack always makes Adelaide laugh when he gets home from school, Jack makes me take a picture with the icee guy because they are both in red and blue, and Jack looking a little creepy in all this spider man gear.
Adelaide loves this little trampoline.

 I am showing!
The next town to us is Roanoke: the unique dining capital of Texas. They have a ton of restaurants and then this cute sugar store opened up. We had to go get some treats.





No comments: