Sunday, March 8, 2009

Northern Michigan

Shawn had two weeks off for Spring Break so we headed to Northern Michigan to experience the north and the COLD. It was actually a very peaceful and relaxing vacation. The resort that we stayed at overlooked a lake and you could see for miles. It was very beautiful to wake up to such a beautiful view. Because Jack was so little we could not do much as far as skiing or snowshoeing but honestly I don't know that I would go skiing anyway. Our resort was at the top of the "mountain"(pretty much a big hill) where the lift ended so I don't know how enjoyable skiing would be. Probably a great place for a beginner.

We enjoyed reading, playing games, watching movies and SLEEPING IN. Shawn was awesome and took Jack every morning from 7am until I woke up which was normally around 10:40am (Do I have a good husband or what.....). I wish Shawn's Spring Break never ended..... Jack experienced the swimming pool for the first time and loved it. We also tried some yummy restaurants and celebrated my birthday. Shawn totally surprised me with a private dance lesson for us plus after our lesson we get to go to a club and practice our moves. For those of you that know Shawn you are probably as shocked as I was! I have been waiting to take dance lessons forever but I thought Shawn would never do it. So needless to say I am one happy woman!
Enjoy the pics below.



Jack's crazy hair. My mom calls him "Woodstock" or "Woody" for short after the bird on Charlie Brown because his hair sticks up on the top.
Jack and I chillin
Jack enjoying and pool and his mom wishing they were somewhere warm outside where she could get some Vitamin D!
The view from our room. The view from the lodge was amazing.
Disclaimer: We might seem like awful parents who drag their child outside in the freezing cold for a picture (well we kind of are) but you must know that Shawn is from California and always dresses like he was in Antarctica when it is barely cold. I was not wearing a coat that day also the car was close by so Jack was only out for a moment but great picture of frozen Lake Michigan.

Our favorite "Double Dimple Smile."


3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like a nice break. I would have loved sleeping in that late! How nice of Shawn. That first picture of Jack is absolutely adorable! His double dimple smile is adorable too. Cute baby.

Kristin said...

GREAT pictures! Love the commentary, too. :) What kind of dance lessons - a specific type of ballroom? I've always wanted to do that with Jon, too. Jack is so so cute!

Melanie and Bruce said...

It sounds like you had a great time - I'm jealous. Happy belated birthday. Jack is so freaking adorable. Life looks good for you.