Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2 month update and more

Jack had his 2 month check up yesterday. As part of the check up, he got his first shots. I felt so bad for him! The nurse told me to hold his arms and talk to him to comfort him. Both the nurse and I were talking to him and Jack was smiling and cooing, so happy to get so much attention and them BAM the crying started. Jack was so mad, how could these nice ladies hurt him. Jack has been pretty fussy and he has not slept much since his shots. He just wants to be held. He is one healthy boy though. He is in the 85th percentile for both weight and height. His head circumference is in the 49th percentile.




The swing has been the best investment ever! As you can tell, Jack loves his swing and so do his parents!
Jack's first love. Shawn and I try so hard to get Jack to smile. We are super excited when we get a "one dimple smile." We did not think he could smile voluntarily until Telia came along. She held Jack and Jack started smiling (a two dimple smile) and cooing at her for a couple of minutes. Shawn and I were shocked! Telia said "don't you just love when babies coo at you" I said "I don't know, he has never done that before." Jack was caught in the act! Now his parents expect him to do more smiling, however; we still have to work very hard.

We tried a Brazilian restaurant and it was sooooo good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!

heather said...

He is so dang cute. Seriously the first smile is the best gift a parent can receive. Because it isn't all crying or fussing anymore you know you actually can make them happy.

Z and S said...

What a little stud! His dimples are the bomb. When we took Annabelle in last month for her shots I felt like I was a villianous parent letting some crazy Australian nurse stab my sweet girl in the legs. I guess the payout was all the snuggling she wanted to do after.

Pessoa Fam said...

Congrats on the new addition. I know I am two months late. I have been a major blog slacker lately. What a cutie! Is he a miniature Marti or what? I am in love with his hair. Hope all is well. Life with a baby was quite an adjustment for us, but totally worth it.

melissa said...

jack is so yummy. it was so fun to see him. you look fabulous 8 weeks later! i am loving seeing you as a mom. you are so amazing. that little guy is so lucky.

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

Jack is just one of the cutest babies ever!! He looks like a little surfer stud and when he smiles, it just melts your heart.