Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Temporary Housing

Marti and I found renters for our house a bit earlier than expected and decided to move into some temporary housing to bridge the gap before we moved. Bad move. Without taking into consideration the fact that Marti is pregnant and hypersensitive to any hint of a smell, I unilaterally chose a suspect dwelling that is somewhat dilapidated and has a faint odor of “old person” in order to save a few bucks. Having lived in houses in Brazil that make this place seem luxurious, I get by just fine. However, the pregnant Marti will not leave the “safe-zone” (the bed) without a surgical mask. Let’s just pray that the next 29 days will go faster than the past month.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

So fun to see you blogging! Sorry about the smells, Marti. Oh, how I feel your pain.

Aleisha said...

Welcome to blogging! I was excited to hear Marti is pregnant. That is exciting. I still remember my husband cooking some stir fry when I was pregnant with my oldest. Oh it made me so sick. I love the pic.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being pregnant!!! You two are going to be fantastic parents! Good luck with your move and the last days in your "old person" apartment. :)

dritta said...

I *love* that picture!